What internet Marketing skills does you team need to have to successfully implement an online marketing project?
I have been asked this repeated by several people. This is difficult to answer unless you are clear about your internet marketing requirements.
Are you looking to hire people full time and build a team inhouse (recruit or hire skills approach) or are you looking to just execute a campaign using a team either using a vendor or team of freelancers (rent skills approach).
- What is your overall strategy?
- What is your goal for the campaign, website and business?
- What is the plan of action and how are you going to implement it?
- Do you want your team members to learn new internet marketing skills?
- what resources (funding, skills, people and time) do you already have and what do you need for this campaign?
You need to have the answers to the above questions and a lot of others questions as well that would give you clarity about your requirements.
Based on your requirements you can make a list of internet marketing skills required for your campaign and business.
There is an internet marketing skills shortage in the market (I am talking about highly experienced and specialized skills). Therefore, the demand is huge and the supply is short. As a business owner this would make things difficult for you.
Below, you would find an internet marketing skills list. This is not comprehensive by any means but, just gives you an overview of the skills needed for internet marketing in general.
For a small or medium sized firm, the team needed would be pretty small (less than 10 people) who just take care of core activities and nothing else.
It would take a core team of professionals with essential skills to get all of your work done.
The team size and skill set required would also vary depending on your campaign requirements.
So, here it is…
This is a list of the online marketing skills that you would need inorder to implement an internet marketing project:
- Content writers – On page/site content and off page content
- Web designers
- Graphics designers
- Project manger
- SEO specialist
- Link builders
- Social media marketing managers
- Conversion rate specialist
- Email specialist
- User experience specialist
- Paid traffic specialist
- Traffic generation specialist
- Online marketing strategy
- Ecommerce specialist
- Communications specialist
- Customer service specialist
(Not every online marketing project needs all of these skills. You would need just a few of them that are required for the project at hand. However, we have provided here a list of skills or disciplines in online marketing that you can use as reference if you are trying to build a team that can handle any type of online marketing project.)